Friday, August 12, 2016

First 2 Days of 3rd Grade!


It has been an amazing first two days!  I really enjoy these kiddos and looking forward to get to know these sweeties even more!  Here are a few things we have done:

  • Writing about our summer
  • Learning about Good Fit Books
  • Fact Mastery Test
  • Skills Inventory (math)
  • Growth Mindset vs. Fixed Mindset (see yellow paper in blue homework folder)
  • Bucket Fillers vs. Bucket Dippers
  • and everything in between!!
Today I sent home a 'gift' for you, parents.  Please keep it handy, and only use my personal number for emergencies.  If it is an issue we need to further discuss, please email me.  If you are wondering about classroom info that may be found on this website, please check it first.  If it can not be answered here, please email me.  I look forward to working with you this year to make it a successful year for your child.  

Also I have been asked about volunteering in the classroom.  I love volunteers in the classroom, and as soon as all the new Megan's Law forms are cleared and ready to go, we will begin our volunteer schedule.  With that being said, I will be sending out a digital sign up via parent square to request a time slot that you prefer.  I will only be asking for one parent volunteer per time slot.

Last, please try to check the blue homework folder daily to make sure you are checking the "return to school" pocket and "keep at home" pocket.  I am still needing a few Getting to Know You papers that were sent home on Thursday. 

Here are pictures from the first day of school and our assembly with Retro Bill!
















These kiddos are adorable!  I look forward to seeing you all on Back to School Night on Aug. 18th at 5:00.  Please stop by our 3rd grade booth for important info about 3rd Grade!